Thursday, January 05, 2012

From the Desk of the Intern....

Hello there, this is Devon.  I'm interning here at Avant-Garde Images/Understand Photography for a couple weeks as part of my school's internship program. So far I've been here for 3 days and I've already learned a LOT. The first day I worked on the computer a bit then went over to Peggy's studio because she had to take some head shots for a bank. When we got there she showed me a little of how to use the studio lights, which was much simpler than all the internet tutorials make it out to be. It was cool to watch how she posed them, which is something I never really thought about for head shots.

One of my pictures from the Studio Model Shoot
The next day I got to work in Photoshop Elements for the first time. It was a little tricky to get the hang of but once I got going it wasn't too hard. I designed two ads that day, one for a photography trip to St. Augustine and one for image sensor cleaning. But the best part of the day was going to the studio model shoot. It was SO much fun. Each group got three turns of 6 minutes with the models. I was so excited to use the studio lights, also extremely nervous, but it ended up being really fun and not too difficult because everyone was so helpful. Some of the pictures turned out quite well and I'm very glad I got to be a part of it.

On the third day we had to get up early to go the Von Liebig Center downtown where Peggy was going to be part of a question answer session. It was really interesting to listen to all professionals there. After that we went back and I worked on editing the pictures from the model shoot. I ran some errands to the post office and to a clients house to deliver some pictures. So far I've had a great time and I can't wait for another week and a half! :)

No comments: